HOME | CONTACT
Job Classifieds are at the bottom of this page
BERGEN PASSAIC MUNICIPAL INSPECTORS ASSOCIATION
There are By-Laws amendments proposed which appear here and were read at the May 10th regular meeting. Deletions are indicated by a strike thru and new wording is indicated in bold lettering underlined. A summary of the changes are found below.
A motion was made and seconded at this meeting to approve the amendments as they appear below.
The first proposed amendment changes Article III Section 3 by additional wording which will clarify the official mailing address of the Association.
The second proposed amendment clarifies the calendar year for the Association which runs from January 1st through December 31st.
These By Laws amendments were approved by unanimous vote of all qualified members at the May 10, 2017 meeting
Let any Board member know if you are interested in serving on one of BPMIA's committees. See the available committees on the committees page.
Also let us know if there are topics of discussion, or concerns you would like presented at a regular Association meeting.
To all UCC instructors; make a BPMIA regular meeting a field trip/class for your students. They can network with colleagues and get their names out there for possible future employment and hopefully join our ranks to make our association membership strong.
To all members: Help us get the word out to the world by forwarding to us, the email addresses of your friends and associates who are in related professions, and who might be interested to in joining our Association. See the BPMIA contacts page for contact information.
Bergen Community College
Steps Toward Licensing
1. Sub-Code Official (Administrative)
2. Construction Code Official (Administrative)
1. RCS - Residential Commercial Structures (Building Inspector licensure)
2. ICS - Industrial Commercial Structures
3. HHS - Hazardous High-rise Structures
• Attendance requirements are mandated for each course by the state; however, attendance does not ensure licensing. Prerequisites for all courses will be enforced by the Licensing Bureau, New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs.
• After successfully completing each of the required courses, please contact Experior Assessments
(800) 864-5309, for a candidate guide (a licensing requirement), which will enable you to sit for the State/National exam.
• For information on how to apply for your license, contact the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs, Bureau of Construction Code Services by calling (609) 984-7834.
• The New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs offers students a 75% reimbursement of the tuition for qualified applicants. If you have any questions about qualifying for any of these courses, then you must talk to the Department of Community Affairs before you register! There are no refunds once classes are started.
Please register early. For more information, please call Ria Bloss at (201) 447-7466. You can register over the phone!
CD 062 Construction Official
CD 227 Plumbing Inspector HHS
10 sessions; $525
001., Mon/ Wed.; September 18-, November 20, 2017
This 60 hour course is designed to provide the student with fundamental knowledge and educational experience required by the state for licensure under this title. Students must have Plumbing Inspector ICS as a prerequisite.
Instructor: Leonard Falato
BI 609 Technical Assistant Certification Program
18 sessions $450
001, Tues/Thur October 3, -December 7, 2017
Hours: .6-8 p.m.
This 45 hour certification for Technical Assistants to Construction Officials is designed for the individuals working in a municipality (specifically, the building department), or contractors and their staff wanting to understand the construction permit process as required by the State. It provides an understanding of the Uniform Construction Code as it relates to permit processing. This course covers: UCC Law, Regulations, Administration, UCC Standard Blue Form, Blue Print Reading, Reporting & time management and Technical Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution, and critical thinking. Book is included in this class.
Instructor, Linda Aiello
CD 521 Fire Protection HHS
20 sessions $650
001, Tue/Thurs October 3, -December 12, 2017
Hours: .6-9 p.m.
This 60 course is designed to further your knowledge and understanding of students that have completed the Fire Protection ICS, which is a prerequisite to this course. Course work includes plan review, building use groups, types of construction for high- rise, hazardous occupancy, and other large area structures.
Instructor: Thomas Yotka
To register for these courses call Ria Bloss at 201 447 7466 firstname.lastname@example.org
For for more information, contact us today! page
Bergen-Passaic Municipal Inspectors Association, Inc.
Copyright © 2017 BPMIA Legal Disclaimer
web site built by website developers at powersolution.com - also providing computer network support and managed services