Classes required for DCA / UCC licensing will start in February 2020, but only if there are enough students to run a class. Call the number below if you are interested in continuing your education for licensure by the State of New Jersey as code officials.
Steps Toward Licensing
- Sub-Code Official (Administrative)
- Construction Code Official (Administrative)
- RCS – Residential Commercial Structures (Building Inspector licensure)
- ICS – Industrial Commercial Structures
- HHS – Hazardous High-rise Structures
Attendance requirements are mandated for each course by the state; however, attendance does not ensure licensing. Prerequisites for all courses will be enforced by the Licensing Bureau, New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs.
After successfully completing each of the required courses, please contact Experior Assessments (800) 864-5309, for a candidate guide (a licensing requirement), which will enable you to sit for the State/National exam.
For information on how to apply for your license, contact the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs, Bureau of Construction Code Services by calling (609) 984-7834.
• The New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs offers students a 75% reimbursement of the tuition for qualified applicants. If you have any questions about qualifying for any of these courses, then you must talk to the Department of Community Affairs before you register! There are no refunds once classes are started.
Please register early. For more information, please call (201) 447-7488. You can register over the phone!